Have you heard of the Pollyanna principle? Did you know that we are more likely to subconsciously focus on noticing more positivity, while our conscious mind will focus more often on the negative?
Well today I’m here to tell you that we can do better than that, by working on creating an automatic positive outlook. By practicing positive thinking, we can reprogram our thought process to help us work through the tough times, and process those feelings in a way that heals and keeps us optimistic about our life.
I know that sometimes it’s easy for us to get caught up in a negative spiral. When the rose-colored glasses come off, we don’t want to look on the bright side. However, with some of the tips and techniques in this episode, you can turn that around into a positive spiral and keep after the wonderful life that you deserve!
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“When you start thinking positive automatically every day, that’s when everything gets really, really good.” – Kongit Farrell
- What is the hyphy movement?
- What I learned from a friend with a very negative attitude
- The spiral of negativity, and what you can do to avoid it
- Why an automatic negative outlook doesn’t happen overnight
“Where things get challenging is when the negative thinking takes over and doesn’t allow any space for positivity or optimism to return.” – Kongit Farrell
- Can you get caught in a positive spiral instead?
- The power of the “positivity vaccine”
- The importance of working through your bad feelings
- Advice from American rapper Too Short
- Download and Print my Positivity Quest PDF. – Use my free Positivity Quest PDF to develop a positivity-oriented mindset that you can use to keep you inspired when going through challenging times.
- Rapper Too Short aka Tony Anthony Shaw
“Your thinking shapes your attitudes; your attitudes shape your behavior; your behavior shapes your life.” – Kongit Farrell
Kongit is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA – 97773) and her therapeutic approach is eclectic, but firmly rooted in CBT, Narrative and Solution-Focused methodologies. She is an EMDR therapist and is completing advanced course work in Sex Therapy at The Buehler Institute of Orange County. Kongit is the Founder of the Inspired Journey Counseling Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
To know the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
To learn the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
Here’s my name and email information. I’m tired of the drama, send me that secret now!