Welcome to The Stay Inspired Podcast, where today we have with us Dr. Raj Dasgupta, professor of clinical medicine at University of Southern California’s School of Medicine. Dr. Raj has received the faculty teaching award for the last three consecutive years, and is quadruple board certified in internal medicine, pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine. In addition to being a professor, Dr. Raj is also a clinical researcher and author, with his first book, “Medicine Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls”, being published by Elsevier. Dr. Raj also currently appears on various media platforms and television shows like The Doctors, Bill Nye the Science Guy, Bill Nye Saves The World, ESPN, and Larry King Now.
Listen in to learn how your sleep habits (good and bad) affect your health, how to improve your quality of sleep, and some common myths of good sleep hygiene.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“Nothing good happens when you are sleep deprived. Whether we’re talking about things like our health, our immune system, memory, cognition, or just general health. Sleep deprivation plays a huge role in each one of those aspects.” – Dr. Raj Dasgupta
- How much the average person should sleep
- Why there is a declining trend of sleep hours through every generation
- Why the importance for sleep doesn’t diminish as we get older, and how it’s role changes
- How medications and treatments can affect our sleep and cause a problematic cycle
- The importance of both quantity and quality in your sleep
- The myriad ways that sleep can affect your life, emotionally, psychologically, and physically
- What a “sleep attack” is, and why it is so serious to take care of it
- The common myths that surround sleep hygiene
- The most important thing you can do to improve your sleep hygiene
- What “social jet lag” is and why you should avoid it
“Are you getting a good quantity of sleep, and are you getting a good quality of sleep?” – Dr. Raj Dasgupta
- Check out Dr. Raj’s book, “Medicine Morning Report: Beyond the Pearls”
- Connect with Dr. Raj Dasgupta:
“There are so many people working hard during the day, and they forget about the importance of getting good sleep at night.” – Dr. Raj Dasgupta
Kongit is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA – 97773) and her therapeutic approach is eclectic, but firmly rooted in CBT, Narrative and Solution-Focused methodologies. She is an EMDR therapist and is completing advanced course work in Sex Therapy at The Buehler Institute of Orange County. Kongit is the Founder of the Inspired Journey Counseling Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
To know the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
To learn the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
Here’s my name and email information. I’m tired of the drama, send me that secret now!