Today on The Stay Inspired Podcast, our special guest is Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus. Jennifer is a sociologist, sexologist, and a frequent speaker on topics like sexual consent, heathy relationships, erotic play, and mindful sex. She is the founder of Sex Positive San Diego, the creator of World Sexual Health Day in San Diego, and has graced the stages of TEDx on multiple occasions.
Listen in as we talk about the importance of masturbation in our personal lives, what social and cultural issues women face with masturbation, and the benefits of being mindful.
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“In a sustainable long-term relationship, playfulness and creativity is so important that we can think outside the box, and that takes a lot of courage.” – Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus
- Why masturbation is not dirty or something to be ashamed about
- How presenting masturbation as something negative hurts women
- How confidence plays such an important role in relationships
- Why masturbation is helpful in healing ourselves
- What meditative and mindful masturbation really means
- What makes meditative and mindful masturbation more meaningful
- Why sexual shame is so difficult to deal with
“We carry such negative emotions about who we naturally are, and that in and of itself is invaluable to look at how those messages disempower us.” – Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus
- Learn more about Sex Positive San Diego
- Connect with Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus:
“It shows how incredibly insidious and ubiquitous the negative messaging can be around our bodies and sexuality, that something so natural and normal and about our taking care of ourselves is taken away from us.” – Dr. Jennifer Gunsaullus
Kongit is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA – 97773) and her therapeutic approach is eclectic, but firmly rooted in CBT, Narrative and Solution-Focused methodologies. She is an EMDR therapist and is completing advanced course work in Sex Therapy at The Buehler Institute of Orange County. Kongit is the Founder of the Inspired Journey Counseling Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
To know the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
To learn the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
Here’s my name and email information. I’m tired of the drama, send me that secret now!