Remember the last time that one bad thing ruined your day? Or when out of nowhere you felt totally overcome with emotion and weren’t able to control yourself?
Emotional hygiene is what we’re talking about today on the Stay Inspired Podcast. We’re learning why emotional hygiene is important in taking care of our mood, and in how to make sure to stop negativity from taking over our experience.
Negative emotions left unchecked can completely ruin your and other people’s day, and can create a cycle of negativity that is difficult to escape. With the techniques in today’s episode, you can take control of your emotions to pursue the dreams and the life that you deserve!
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on iTunes, and be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
“Do one thing that brings you joy every single day.” – Kongit Farrell
- Why you should check in with your emotions and do some “freshening up”
- The pollution of negative emotions
- How becoming more aware of your emotions helps everyone
- Be in touch with your physical state before working with others
- Good communication with others can stop problems before they begin
- How you can stop negative experiences from ruining your day
- Every little bit counts, so don’t let your emotions take control
“People are not emotional trashcans, and they’re not here to receive your emotional garbage.” – Kongit Farrell
Ways to Practice Good Emotional Hygiene:
- Cultivate emotional mindfulness
- Do a body scan
- Let people know if you’ve not feeling well
- Do one thing that brings you joy every single day
- Distance yourself from emotionally toxic people
“To win more, it’s important to do all that you can to give yourself and your loved ones an edge.” – Kongit Farrell
Kongit is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA – 97773) and her therapeutic approach is eclectic, but firmly rooted in CBT, Narrative and Solution-Focused methodologies. She is an EMDR therapist and is completing advanced course work in Sex Therapy at The Buehler Institute of Orange County. Kongit is the Founder of the Inspired Journey Counseling Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
To know the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
To learn the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
Here’s my name and email information. I’m tired of the drama, send me that secret now!