We have all had our share of empty promises and disappointment over the years.Sometimes the shade really hurts, and sometimes it’s small and we can look past it, but the shade is still there. And you’re still let down.
On this episode of The Stay Inspired Podcast, it’s all about what to do when someone lets you down. We’ll go over 8 things you can do to stay focused on what matters most and tips for self-care. This includes ways to work with the feelings that come up, instead of against them, to really discover what and who you value, and who values you, too.
I’m so excited for you to join me today and so glad to share this resource with you! When one of your relationships throws you a curveball and leaves you with disappointment, with today’s talk, you can keep confident and looking forward to the life that you deserve.
“Life is too short and too precious to spend on people who show you that they don’t value you.” – Kongit Farrell
- Why getting shaded helps us grow
- Who are your friends, and who are your supporters?
- How to navigate through disappointment
- When our expectations wrongly shift our focus to others
- Nobody owes you anything, and you don’t owe them anything either
- Is this behavior in retaliation?
- Give others the benefit of the doubt
- Ask them what’s going on
- When it’s time to move on
- What happens when you give people space
- Why you should focus on self-care when others hurt you
“It will make your life so much easier if you’re able to adjust your expectations based on the nature of your relationship.” – Kongit Farrell
- Download and Print my 20 Tips for Radical Self Care PDF – When someone lets you down, one of the best things you can do is make sure that you’re taking care of your needs. Use this free PDF to pamper and love yourself and lead a more happy life!
“Catching the fade or feeling the shade can actually be the starting point for something great in your life.” – Kongit Farrell
Kongit is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (CA – 97773) and her therapeutic approach is eclectic, but firmly rooted in CBT, Narrative and Solution-Focused methodologies. She is an EMDR therapist and is completing advanced course work in Sex Therapy at The Buehler Institute of Orange County. Kongit is the Founder of the Inspired Journey Counseling Center in Downtown Los Angeles.
To know the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
To learn the Secret to having more peace, harmony, & joy in my relationships.
Here’s my name and email information. I’m tired of the drama, send me that secret now!